Sunday, January 12, 2014

Signing the Lease

This will be a quick one but I thought the rental process in Paris is quite interesting, I felt like I was actually purchasing a home. I showed up one evening to sign the lease, do an inspection and collect the keys. What I did not realize is that the owners would be there and six of us would sit around a table signing away our lives. Once that was done we did the inspection and it was not just me saying everything's fine, an inspector came and probably spent an hour going through the home (we then split the cost of this) and then go room by room and review a complete inventory of the apartment - and their kitchen is stocked. All in all it was a two or so hour process.

I will say the couple that owns my apartment are really wonderful, a great French couple in their 60's I would say. Lucky for me, I believe I am the first to rent their home. The furniture is beautiful and they left the place with plenty in it so I have everything I could really need.

Now to figure out the French washer/dryer combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment