Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Guys have that one go to date spot...in any city

I had such high expectations of doing such a great job tracking my life in Paris and somehow, without knowing many people, life has become busy! My over an hour commute to work certainly does not help but still, I need to be better. I wanted to go back and recount all my days but now my experiences might come at random. That's okay - I just want to look back later in life and remember the experiences I had.

When I lived in Boston there seemed that the guys had a set (small!) group of bars that were their go to date spots. Boston is a smaller city, so not surprising. When I was younger it was Silvertone, which I liked. But I always found it amusing. Now wouldn't you know I move to Paris and out of five dates so far...FOUR have taken me to the same bar! In all fairness, one was because we were walking by.

Let me introduce you to - La Fourmi:

It is actually a very fun, laid back bar. Not at all fancy and actually really fun on a Sunday evening when no one wants the weekend to end and it is packed. This is where the True Parisians apparently hang. And according to Time Out it was one of the top 100 bars in Paris.

One thing I love about Paris and would like to see American restaurants & bars adopt - you can sit at a table even if you are just having drinks. And you can stay as long as you like - no one will rudely stare you down while doing so.

It is right next to La Cigalle which is a concert venue which I am interested in checking out as well, need to dig to see who performs there.

Address: 74 rue des Martyrs
Closest Metro = Pigalle

No comments:

Post a Comment