Saturday, November 23, 2013

Temp Lodging #3

During my first day in the office I kept my fingers crossed that I would find a place to move into that night for the next three weeks. I had to start having the attitude of "no worries, everything will work out." What I have learned - it helps! I had to have a lot of faith in everyone and thing. And let's face it, life could be much worse as I was now living in Paris. Lucky gal, I know so I had to keep it all in perspective.

Jules and I could not get on the phone until 4pm my time since he was in Cali. But he did indeed have good news for me and I was to meet a real estate agent at 8:30pm that night in front of the apartment building. So after work I rushed home, took a conference call in my hotel room and quickly packed up my stuff. I was about to make another cab driver's night - they get so excited when they see all of my luggage. And this one was an old school grumpy Frenchman. Pretty sure the kind that do not like Americans.

Fast forward and there I am standing outside with all my luggage, in the rain. Does this real estate agent really exist? Will he stand me up? Although late, he arrived and I knew it was a good sign as he walked up in Bose headphones! To my surprise there was even an elevator inside so getting my stuff upstairs was no big deal between the two of us. He was a lovely young man, gave me a quick tour of how everything worked in the apartment and then he was off. It was almost 9:30pm and I was in my new home for the next two to three weeks. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment